US Merchant Marine Academy
Return Page to
Join us on Group Trip and get your Underwater
Navigator specialty. This course is
designed to be an introduction to underwater navigation and to help the student
develop the skills and knowledge necessary for use in underwater navigation.
Prerequisites: Jr. or Open Water Diver, 12 years of age or older.
Class Size: 4 to 8 Students
The Underwater Navigator Course consists of academic sessions on the beach and
three open water training dives. The academic sessions will consist of:
1. Planning, organization, procedures,
techniques, problems and hazards of underwater navigation.
2. Methods of estimating distance underwater.
3. Natural navigation techniques.
4. Using underwater patterns.
5. Dive site relocation techniques.
6. Compass navigation techniques.
Tuition: On request
Manual: $19.95 Participants must have the manual completed before their
Equipment Needed: Complete scuba outfit with compass, and underwater